the double cast 2013

the double cast 2013

[10], The film opened in two cinemas in the United States and grossed $14,646. Sort by: Richard Ayoade Director and Screenplay. Assertive and charming, James is Simon's polar opposite. Simon gets his revenge on James by revealing to Hannah that James is cheating on her with Melanie. Downtrodden Simon James (Jesse Eisenberg) has worked at his office for seven years, but he is ignored by his boss and colleagues. I have a theory. Nothing extraordinary or memorable about it! Everything from the way the film is shot to the glorious colour palette is complete and utter Ayoade in the best and brightest way possible. The Double premiered at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival on 7 September 2013. James, on the other hand, does notice this and sees Simon's pain. The chord progression comes from the song "Der Doppelgänger" by Franz Schubert. Definitely has a very unique style. Lacking medical attention, the handcuffed James appears to be on the brink of death as he lies motionless on the apartment floor. i wasn't impressed by the instantly forgettable SUBMARINE, but Ayoade wows here, bending the hyper-stylized aesthetic to his will and greater purpose. He calls an ambulance and accompanies her to the hospital, where it is revealed that she not only overdosed but also miscarried (she had become pregnant after a sexual encounter with James). 2013 Directed by Richard Ayoade. I guess I fall into that market because I really enjoyed it. Directed by Richard Ayoade. (as Lydia Ayoade), 'The Replicator' - Jack TMDb I haven't seen most of these movies.…, Jack Moulton 1,347 films 5,885 3733 Edit, It's simple: Post your #1 ever (no runners-up or ties please) in the comments and I'll add…, *Music to listen to - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-KHZ9NDVA*, Movies that are equivalent to dream-pop, shoegaze music - They possess an ethereal emptiness…, Ole Holgersen 326 films 7,979 186 Edit, Doesn't the title of the list explain it well enough? Simon is just a simple clerk at an office where no one notices him. The lighting and cinematography create a very tense and unusual viewing experience. Aided by a terrific score and an amazing performance by Eisenberg, Ayoade's film has ended up as a tightly paced, dark, witty and absurd exploration of insanity and identity. First off, Jesse Eisenberg. Simon's boss (Wallace Shawn) announces the arrival of a new employee, James Simon (also played by Eisenberg), who looks identical to Simon, which causes Simon to faint upon first glance. Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, Well-Dressed Woman at Ball / The story basically rests on his shoulders as we follow him on his descent into madness. The Double (I) (2011) Full Cast & Crew. As U.S. (as PT Kommandor), Attractive Bar Girl On this second viewing I bumped up my rating by half a star and the film snuck into my top 10 for 2013. ❤❤❤ so amazingAyoade is really good at directing!! An awkward office drone becomes increasingly unhinged after a charismatic and confident look-alike takes a job at his workplace and seduces the woman he desires. Admittedly I had a similar problem here as I did with The World's End of not quite sympathizing with the protagonist, but also like that film I couldn't resist the incredible attention to detail and effortless tonal control. I 100% will watch this again without dozing off later. Cast & Crew. The film has many visual references to Hitchcock’s “Rear Window” and Terry Gilliam’s “Brazil”. It's a movie that wants to appear like an original and well thought out thriller, but all it is is a rehash of other movies. this will most likely get moved up to a 4.5 after i watch some theory and analysis videos and rewatch this one. This film is so underrated and more people should watch it. In The Double, similar with what he did in Submarine, he proves again that he likes to write about awkward characters with awkward ways of living their lives, different looks and pretty unfit personalities. "[12] The film also has a score of 68 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 31 critics, indicating "Generally favorable reviews".[13]. He talks to detectives, who explain that if the man had jumped a few feet to the right, he would have been badly hurt but would have survived. Two FBI agents are conducting surveillance at a warehouse. If you've been reading my reviews for a while, or known me for more than a day, then you'd know that I adore Jesse Eisenberg. One night, Simon sees a man jump to his death from the floor above Hannah's apartment. Release Dates Later, CIA officers arrive on the scene and take charge. | There's not really too much to say about The Double. Do you love all types of movies? Eisenberg manages to get me to hate him, which he's never done before. never thought i'd say "that was a great jesse eisenberg performance" bc what does that mean but that was a great jesse eisenberg performance. The excellent design of sets, props, and costumes, as well as lightning-fast editing and immaculate shot composition saved the movie from complete obscurity and boredom for me. This is a list of hight quality "short" films. Love the color correction and the cast and the story is so good, I plan on reading the dostoyevsky book later to enhance the experience, I watched this movie before it expired at like 9pm so I think I dozed off and came back somewhere in the middle so I was a bit confused but whatever. An awkward office drone (Jesse Eisenberg) becomes increasingly unhinged after a charismatic and confident look-alike takes a job at his workplace and seduces the woman (Mia Wasikowska) he desires. Filming & Production Richard Ayoade follows up his New Wave tribute on the Welsh coast with an altogether different film. acting double: Simon/James Fiona Harper ... production runner Tarn Harper ... post-production accountant: Postsums Fergus Haycock ... commercial affairs: Auburn Entertainment Charlotte Huyton … It's A-OK! the 2nd half doesn't feel quite as precise as the first (likely by design), but the film coheres quite nicely as a refreshingly difficult look at how everyone desperately wants to feel different, and that's what makes us all the same. The Double is an Orwellian nightmare, doused in sickly artificial light and imbued with delightfully awkward absurdism. Richard Ayoade is very peculiar as a director. this was great so much worked very similar shooting style to submarine which i also loved. I still have a few minor problems with it (some of the jokes still fall flat for me and the characters occasionally lapse into clichés), but overall I think it's an exceptional little movie. not lost on me that the entire cast of submarine is in this, very cute! Here he’s the same person but one is a creepy shy stalker and the other has a stupid smile the whole time. Mia Wasikowska Cast. Essential movies for lonely people out there (like me) if you want to feel something in this big big world.…, hamburger splash 1,813 films 10,532 98 Edit, It was hard but I put a stop at 99 minutes (constantly updated), Tobias Andersen 8,406 films 16,585 760 Edit, Rules: Generate a number (from 1 to x) via: www.random.org, See how many number of films there are in the…, A very rough list of eccentric cerebral films - films that are consisted of many wonderful imaginative ideas and creations,…, Just a list of some pretty cool movie posters on the LB database. | One night, Simon sees a man jump to his death from the floor above Hannah's apartment. At work, Simon accuses James of being an imposter and is fired after going on a maniacal tirade. Downtrodden Simon James (Jesse Eisenberg) has worked at his office for seven years, but he is ignored by his boss and colleagues. If you're looking for a more traditional (and spoiler-free) review, try my previous entry for the film. He is badly hurt. So it’s very hard for him to carry this movie that relies on us being sympathetic to the original as his life is taken from him. On the date, Simon pretends to be James, with the real James giving him instructions via earpiece. He is so good at making his characters distinct, that I could always tell when James was on screen, and when it was Simon. The best shots are in this movie ugh the last one in the ambulance? curious as to how this one will sit with me... and holy shit, mia wasikowska. Easy…, Jens Åge Jakobsen 5,163 films 1,343 15 Edit, Does it take you an hour to pick a movie? It's time for Silly Psychoanalysis with Screening Notes! take Dostoyevsky, add 1 part Gilliam, 1 part Tati & a thimble of early Woody Allen. Since everyone is checking Godzilla this weekend I decided to counter the wave and I went to the theater to see The Double which I'm interested about since I've heard of it. Jon Espino from TheYoungFolks.com gave the film 9 out of 10 stars, stating: Writer/Director Richard Ayoade had really outdone himself. The score by Andrew Hewitt features a recurring progression of heavy chords played by strings. I felt sorry for James, and everything that was happening to him. Ayoade’s direction is presented in full force here. I love the set design in this and the fake tv shows they made to play in the background sometimes. Ayoade's avant garde, experimental style and minimalist set design sound like an odd couple, but they actually work great together. The Double is an Thriller, Drama movie that was released in 2013 and has a run time of 1 hr 33 min. (uncredited), Moaning Man on Trolley From his apartment he spies on a beautiful co-worker he admires, Hannah (Mia Wasikowska), who lives in the apartment opposite him. The fundamental problem is that I don’t really see Jesse Eisenberg as compellingly charming or personable. Film data from TMDb. I can handle the truth. [14], "Richard Ayoade Starts Production On New Project, "Berlin 2012: Studiocanal Takes U.K. Rights to Richard Ayoade's, "Toronto International Film Festival Unveils Lineup", "Toronto film festival 2013: the full line-up", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Double_(2013_film)&oldid=983953261, Films based on works by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Wikipedia indefinitely semi-protected pages, All articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases, Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from October 2020, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 07:42. Are you ready…, mattyfastwheelz 1,343 films 3,741 111 Edit. ‼‼ top 5 for sure!!! However, they could not identify the assassin as he committed the murder in darkness. As he is about to kill himself, he sees Hannah lying unconscious in her apartment. He finds Hannah and tells her he wants to be noticed. He sees her throwing away art and secretly retrieves and admires it. (uncredited), Frightening Old Man It’s a bold and assured change that whilst wearing its influences proudly still exhibits enough personality of its own. jesse eisenberg died in 2013 and was replaced by a clone: thread. The film is based on the 1846 novella The Double by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. (James Fox) and Hannah watch over Simon. He never has any personality except for unlikable genius- which of course he played excellently in the social network. even on a second time watching this movie had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. 2013 Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Enemy (2013) is a better way to spend your time!

Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi Episode 1, Courage The Cowardly Dog Creepy Smile, What Is The Hierarchy Of Uk Government, Pre Colonial Period In The Philippines, Meaning Of Life Philosophy Essay, Synergy Design Group, How Many Kids Does Tank Have, Algonac Fireworks 2020, The Prestige 123movies, Best Smash Songs, Simon Quarterman Net Worth, Buy Fireworks Montreal, Weather November 2019 Los Angeles, Where Is Ponant Le Soleal Now, Venice Clock Tower, Corsair K63 Lapboard Amazon, Who Won The Fight Last Night Boxing, Lancaster, Pennsylvania Amish, Australia Day Fireworks Perth 2021, El Delfin Verde Eurocamp, Earth, Wind And Fire Lyrics, June Phonetic Transcription, Victor Ny Fireworks, Maranda Where You Live, Penn State Vs Michigan Football History, Be Like Me (clean), Leeds Vs Luton H2h, What Book Is Star Wars Based On, Sun And Moon Tarot Deck, Best Multiplayer Games Pc 2019, Uk Winter Weather Forecast 2019/20, Crash Barrier Design, Ohio State Field Hockey Camp, Malachi Barton Net Worth, Tightrope Sentence, Phil Gallagher Wife, Pure Health Research Lifting Firming Cream, Highest Salary In Uae, Cardiff City U23 - Bristol City, Kavanaugh Meaning, Elder Law Practice, Bollywood Movies Released In 2018, Pagasa Weather Forecast Cebu, Silver Fir Essential Oil Benefits, Funny Friendship Quotes From Movies, Lego Dc Super Heroes Apk, Rock Halsey, Terra Singapore Review, Tyson Fury Vs Wilder 1, My Prerogative Cover, Average Temperature Uk April, Batwoman Episode 9 Crisis On Infinite Earths, Ferrari Pronunciation Italian, Propulsor Vs Propeller, Kapre Story, Jimmy Greaves Funny, Lions Gate Bridge Facts, Weather In France In April, Recap Of Chicago Med Last Night, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 Dreamcast, Jim Gaffigan 2020 Special, Cdcr Login, Disaster Date (season 1), Buying Fireworks, Microsoft Keyboard Not Working On Laptop, Stinson Beach, Paul Mcguinness Wife, Jeremiah 10 Nkjv, Foxtail Palm,

No Comments

Post a Comment