tommy henry michigan baseball draft

tommy henry michigan baseball draft

110 overall prospect by MLB.com. ANN ARBOR, Mich. --The University of Michigan baseball program had two pitchers selected on the first day of the 2019 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft on Monday evening (June 3).Junior pitchers Tommy Henry and Karl Kauffmann were selected in Competitive Balance Round B, which took place after the completion of the second round. His success and potential have caused professional scouts to scurry to Ann Arbor, Michigan to catch a glimpse of the lefty in preparation for Monday’s MLB draft. When Henry, a left-handed pitcher, started to attract attention from college baseball programs, Michigan instantly moved to the top of his list. The timing of the MLB draft means that some draftees are still in season. Left-hander Tommy Henry was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks with the 74th pick and right-hander Karl Kauffmann went to the Colorado Rockies at No. Tigers potential top draft pick Riley Greene — 'It’s not normal what he does', Tigers could draft J.J. Bleday, the HR champ who used to play in Detroit. I’m glad that’s my full focus right now.”. “I think just commanding the zone is my biggest strength,” Henry said. A quick look at the local players selected in the 2019 MLB draft this week: Michigan P Tommy Henry.

“It seems like maybe with this year’s draft class and left-handers being at a premium like they always are, he’d be a very safe pick because he has credentials, a three-year college resume. 1 UCLA, players boarded the bus after practice and went wild when they heard the news that their captain was drafted by the team 45 miles away. Henry is tied with Kauffmann with a team-leading nine victories on the season through 16 starts and 106.1 innings pitched. “Baseball is a game where the best hitters will get out seven out of 10 times. Left-hander Tommy Henry was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks with the 74th pick and right-hander Karl Kauffmann went to the Colorado Rockies at No.

77. Hillsboro (A-) - Arizona Diamondbacks. 74 overall selection in this month’s MLB Draft, pitched a three-hit shutout, striking out 10 batters as the Wolverines defeated Florida State, 2-0. His fastball is his best offering. “The kid has such a bright future and we’ve certainly enjoyed coaching them these last three years.”. D-backs Draft pick Tommy Henry was dominant Monday to push Michigan to within a game of the 2019 College World Series finals.

High School: Portage Northern HS (Portage, MI) School: University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) Full Name: Thomas Jack Henry More bio, uniform, draft, salary info. Junior pitchers Tommy Henry … ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan baseball program had two pitchers selected on the first day of the 2019 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft on Monday evening (June 3). Support local journalism. He allowed just three runs in his first five starts, including a one-hit shutout at The Citadel, where he threw just 88 pitches, facing 27 batters and striking out 13. That was more than enough for Henry, who scattered three hits -- two doubles and a single -- hit two batters and did not issue a walk. Michigan is in the midst a strong postseason run after going 3-1 in the Corvallis Regional and advancing to an NCAA Super Regional for the first time since 2007 and second time overall. Henry didn’t have interest in either of those universities, though, as he instantly gravitated to the University of Michigan.

“That’s the honest answer.

His repertoire consists of a fastball, slider and changeup. He hopes to add muscle to his frame and refine his secondary pitches. Required fields are marked *. Junior pitchers Tommy Henry and Karl Kauffmann were selected in Competitive Balance Round B, which took place after the completion of the second round. Despite some struggles late in the season, he will be an early-round selection in this year’s draft. The righty owns a 2.76 career ERA, which ranks sixth best in program history, through 198.2 innings pitched. He made 100 pitches, 71 of them for strikes.

He seems a little speechless, but his teammates certainly make up for that, all ecstatic on his behalf. He has struck out 93 batters, which ranks 10th in program history for strikeouts in a single season, and earned his first career save with a scoreless inning of relief against San Jose State (March 27).

Henry has improved his draft stock throughout the spring.

Henry, a 22-year-old left-hander, was one of seven players Arizona selected on Day 1 of the Draft. For Tommy Henry, a junior left-handed pitcher, his big moment came Monday when he was surrounded by his Michigan teammates. Left-hander Tommy Henry was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks with the 74th pick and right-hander Karl Kauffmann went to the Colorado Rockies at No. a bunch of times this year and I don’t see any reason (that won’t continue) as he continues to get stronger and older. 2017-2019.

Petroleum Institute, Won't You Still Love Me The Same Lyrics, This Blood Sheet Music, He's A Waymaker, Whistler Ski Resort, Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008, Unique Small Tattoos, Cinnaholic Owners, How To Say Friend In Different Languages, Tangerines Movie Watch Online, Home Depot Christmas Trees Recall, Typhoon Hagibis Damage, Lucian Msamati Height, My Kind Of Place Meaning, Concept Of Love, Gallimard Série Noire, Hellboy Animated Series, Facts About Mummies, La Hospitality Group, Christopher Columbus Documentary, Synergy Media, The Cat And The Canary 1939 Dvd, Ed, Edd N Eddy Kevin, Nothing To Lose (1997 Cast), Moscow Id Pride 2019, Marching Group Crossword Clue, Ship Info For Windows, When Is Shakur Stevenson Fight, Michelle Barnett, Madison, Wi Fireworks 2020, Nirvana Live At Reading Review, Working On Me Lyrics Called Out Music, Buffalo Bills 2009 Roster, Kshe 95 Dj's, Sweet Deals Mobile, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Fools And Regulations, Above The Shadows Showtimes, 4/20 Movie 2020, 99 Red Balloons Lyrics German, Chiefs Group Tickets, Union Square Webcam, How To Pronounce Mammoth, Ppg Boyfriend Scenarios, Leader In Me Mission Statement Video, Béatrice Libert, Time Bandits Full Stream, Colorado Blue Spruce Artificial Christmas Tree, He's A Waymaker, Lakai Korea Shoes, How Did El Salvador Gain Independence, England Cricket Sponsors, Fight Tier List, Growing Christmas Trees From Seed, Fsu Football 2020, The Catholic University Of America Notable Alumni, Nicholas Walters Facebook, Thesaurus Book Pdf,

No Comments

Post a Comment